Curling with Creekside Teachers
By Katharine Naughton
The teachers from Creekside went outside their comfort zone on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. They headed to the Richmond Curling Club to pick up a broom to “sweep”, to push a “rock” down a sheet of ice and hope that it ends up in the “button” which is the middle of the bullseye.
We were given instruction by Yadranka, who is one of the coaches at the club and then we were let free to curl for 2 hours.
It was a great bonding experience for all of us and created a wonderful atmosphere for teamwork.
- 1st Annual Creekside Child Development Centre Thanksgiving Day Lunch
- Social Conscience and Haiku Media Give Back
- Leisure Challenge’s Tie Dye Project
- Creekside Announcement (19)
- Holiday Options: Whistler 2009
- BC Elections – Exercise YOUR Right to Vote
- 2013 Easter Egg Hunts & Festivities in Vancouver
- Facts & Myths to Celebrate World Down Syndrome Day
- You’re Invited: DDA Art Show & Reception
- You’re Invited: Leisure Fair 2013
- 10 Things Extraordinary People Say Every Day (1)
- From our executive director to our staff (1)
- Our ED’s speech to our strikers and media (1)
- Developmental Disabilities Association Executive Director Speaks to Striking Community Social Services Workers
- Holiday Lights in Metro Vancouver